Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Christmas Ornaments: Polyurethane Dipped Pinecones


I decorated the Christmas tree at my job. We had no budget for decor, so I decided to use pinecones which are FREE!!! Check out my post on Rustic & Natural Christmas Tree Decor.  Plain pinecones are, well, plain. So I needed something to jazz them up.

These paint dipped pinecones inspired me originally, but after starting, I quickly learned that the thickness of house paint causes pinecones to close from the dampness. 


I had cans of polyurethane stain for wood in my garage and experimented with dipping the pinecones.

 


After days of drying, they turned out perfect!  They were beautifully preserved by the stain. The lightness of the coat didn't cause the pinecones to close, like the house paint. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment